7/23/08

Further Research in Japan














During the summer of 2009, I will be using my vacation time from Sibelius Academy to conduct research in Japan as a Visiting Research Scholar in affiliation with Professor Shuhei Hosokawa at Nichibunken: the International Research Center for Japanese Studies.

I am excited about this important opportunity, since Nichibunken is one of Japan’s prestigious National Institutes for the Humanities and Professor Hosokawa is a highly respected Japanese musicologist who shares my interests in sociomusicology, popular music, wind bands, and music technology.

I anticipate that Nichibunken will be an unusually stimulating environment and look forward to returning to Finland with new findings regarding both historical and current musical practices in Japan. I hope to also help forge some new relationships for Sibelius Academy with both educational institutions and music industry in Japan.


The following link provides further information regarding Japan's National Institutes for the Humanities:

http://www.nihu.jp/e/index.html


Click HERE to view my current homepage at Sibelius Academy.



No comments: